My #2018MakeNine Sewing Plans

Last year I made a short list of some ambitious sewing projects I wanted to tackle in 2017, and not only did I cross most of them off the list, but they were all at least fairly successful, I would say!  So I was inspired by the #2018MakeNine posts to sit down and think about nine projects I'd like to make this coming year. In no particular order:

Thread Theory Patterns Goldstream Peacoat - for Tim. I already bought the fabric, and am working on a fit muslin, so this is my January 2018 project.
Papercut Patterns Otsu Jeans - formerly known as the Peter and the Wolf trousers, now in front fly jeans form! I've developed some pants-making confidence this year, and have a lot of stretch denim and twill in my stash that will work for this pattern.
A plaid wool moto jacket, using KwikSew 3764. I also already have a few possible fabrics for this and a muslin cut out. The theme is "I already have the fabric in my stash", since I'm leaving my job in a few weeks to move to a new city and don't yet have a new one lined up! So it's a good opportunity to sew my stash.
Some more faux fur coats! I love faux fur, wearing it and sewing it.  I have a ridiculous amount of faux fur in my stash for someone who lives in California, and I hope moving to Oregon will make my love of faux fur more weather-appropriate! I have some of this checkerboard faux fur from Mood Fabrics in my stash, so it's as good a place to start as any.
I'd like to make another version(s) of my Louis Antoinette Teddy Bomber jacket. I'm really into making jackets, I can't help it, and I just love the style lines of this pattern.  I want a basic black one that I can wear into spring. I also really love my Jalie Charlie bombers, and find them really versatile, so might get creative with pleather, wool, jacquard, or some other fun fabrics in my stash.

A pleather trench coat! Using the Luzerne pattern from Deer and Doe. I made a classic trench this year using a vintage Dior for Vogue pattern, and I love the look of this black pleather one (the photo is from Mood Fabrics, I don't know the original source....)
More coats - a clear vinyl raincoat.....This was on my 2017 to-do list and I didn't get to it, but I do own the pattern, clear vinyl and hardware already.  My inspiration is this coat I saw at the Oscar de la Renta exhibit.
Not a coat! and not super exciting, maybe, but I would like to make my own tees and tanks. The only RTW I really buy are basic black tees and tanks.
A red blazer - for my brother-in-law. He asked me for it when I saw him over Christmas. "Something I would wear at the NBA draft" - he does play basketball in a rec league, so.....sure, why not?

Bonus #10 - a Bane coat! I want a high-collared faux shearling coat.  I'm going to use Butterick 6385 and I have some dark purple faux shearling I found at Fabric Outlet in SF.  Oh, and I want it just to wear, not for a costume or anything....I think it might work?

I hope you are enjoying the #2018MakeNine posts, and have some projects lined up that are fun/relaxing/ambitious/crazy/challenging!


Popular posts from this blog

A Carhartt-inspired jacket : (modified) McCalls 7638

Carhartt Canvas

Boss Blazer - Pagoda Shoulder Jasika!