StyleArc Heidi hooded cardigan

This is the StyleArc Heidi hooded cardigan, and I made it as a birthday gift for my aunt.
Mid-thigh length, single closure
I made a size 16, so I can't speak for the fit, since it wasn't made to fit me!  But the pattern is well-drafted, goes together quickly, and has 1/4" seam allowances, yay! I sewed this in a few hours, and its pretty simple.
My fabric was a GORGEOUS aqua reptile-print canvas from Mood Fabrics.


It's cotton, but has a nice stretch to it.  It's sooo pretty in person (and of course I bought extra yards to make something for myself!!)  The color is very feminine (it also comes in pink!) but the reptile is a little sexy.  And the trim was a medium weight turquoise jersey in cotton-lycra, also from Mood.

The pattern is made for knits, but I use the cotton and it worked fine, it just ended up like more of a jacket than a cozy hoodie, which is fine.
The pattern comes with a hood facing, which is very nice and gives a nice clean finish when the hood is worn down. Pictures:

The ombre on the body and sleeves.
Usually the front hangs straight, it doesn't stay parted like that. I used a small pearl button for the closure. 
I omitted the pockets - I really wanted a very streamlined look, but I have nothing against pockets!

Its like a reptile raincoat....
The hood facing, so the inside is nice and clean, no raw edges exposed.
I used the lighter end of the ombre for the hood, but it is the same fabric, although the reptile is difficult to see in this photo.
The fabric is so pretty. Did I say how pretty it is?  OMBRE!!
It's starting to rain on my photo session...
Good thing I have a hood!
I liked sewing this up, and I hope that the birthday girl likes it too! The single closure is something different - we all have hoodies that zip, and button, so the single closure is change of pace.  You could use a funky button or brooch or frog closure, get creative.  I may eventually make one in my size!

Breaking News - the jacket was a hit with my aunt! In fact, she's commissioned me to make one for someone else, only this time....fuschia!!

Popular posts from this blog

A Carhartt-inspired jacket : (modified) McCalls 7638

Carhartt Canvas

Boss Blazer - Pagoda Shoulder Jasika!